Report from a former Slate intern:
As an intern you likely will not be paid.
Slate editors were generally accepting of letting me write things I pitched to sections I wasn’t hired to write for. Not always, but a few times. That was a plus. But even a 2,000-word article I pitched that topped the most-read list for a day or two was not paid for whatsoever. Judging from the rates that other freelancers have posted, I’d probably be owed at least $2,000 had I pitched my articles not as an intern, but as a freelancer.
- fuckingold likes this
- gracebello reblogged this from whopays and added:
- prettypicturesbydanielle likes this
- andthentherewillbecake likes this
- cuzmeister reblogged this from whopays and added:
- phoenixsnegativespace likes this
- threatsex likes this
- eccentricspaces likes this
- rhprocter likes this
- thepretender likes this
- ashley-lynne1 likes this
- whopays posted this